Six Sigma White Belt Training
This 1-day (8 hour) introductory course provides students with an overview of Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) problem solving theory and practical application within a business setting. Additionally, the course introduces students to the basic concepts of Lean thinking, and the relationship with Six Sigma principles. This course consists of lecture with a variety of practical examples to illustrate key concepts.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Understand basic Six Sigma terminology, and recognize each of the five phases of the DMAIC process and their respective phase deliverables.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key members in a Six Sigma-driven organization.
- Effectively participate on Six Sigma problem solving teams lead by a Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Explain how to create a business case and associated project charter.
- Understand the term Lean, and the relationship between Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Students who complete the class and score 70% or better on the 20 question, multiple choice, open book, take home exam will receive a “Six Sigma White Belt” certificate.
All classes include training materials, test, completion certificate. Public classes include up to 6 hours of project mentoring, continental breakfast and lunch. Please call us regarding pricing for this class.
Adaptive disclaimer: Regardless of “methodology”, maximum training benefit and ROI will not be realized without a defined strategy, an engaged leadership team, a culture centered around process improvement, and strong management and accountability system to help execute and sustain the changes.