Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training
This 3-day course provides students with basic understanding of how Lean Six Sigma organizations achieve extraordinary business results. Students who complete this class will understand their role as an individual in a Lean Six Sigma organization and will be energized to support a Lean Six Sigma transformation. The class consists of both lecture and practical exercises to illustrate the application of the concepts and tools.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Explain how a Lean Thinking organization operates and how it creates more value than its competitors.
- Describe the importance and expectations of their role in a Lean system.
- Quantify value and explain why value must be created for all three customers: external customers, shareholders, and employees.
- Recognize when to utilize Lean tools such as 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Change over reduction, and Kaizen events.
- Understand the five phases of the DMAIC problem solving framework.
- Explain why standard work must be created and followed before sustainable improvements can be achieved.
- Identify value add vs non-value add work and the eight traditional forms of waste.
- Explain why kaizen must be an ongoing process.
Students who complete the class will receive a certificate of completion.
All classes include training materials, test, completion certificate. Public classes include up to six hours of project mentoring, continental breakfast and lunch. Please call us regarding pricing for this class.
Adaptive disclaimer: Regardless of “methodology”, maximum training benefit and ROI will not be realized without a defined strategy, an engaged leadership team, a culture centered around process improvement, and strong management and accountability system to help execute and sustain the changes.